HOW TO NATURALLY DARKEN YOUR HAIR
How to darken hair naturally:
Black tea• How to darken hair naturally with black tea
15 minutes before showering wet your hair with strong black tea and then wash it off. Repeat the process with every shower and after 2 or 3 weeks you will notice that your hair is darker.
Also, black tea can be used when washing hair. Wash your hair with shampoo once and rinse it with black tea. Then wash with shampoo again and apply conditioner.
A negative side of this natural way for hair darkening is that black tea is relatively quickly rinsed off the hair.
Mustard oil• How to darken hair naturally with mustard oil
Rub it on your hair every night (preferably during the night because of the smell) and leave it on your hair for a few hours.
To prevent the odor put the shower cap or plastic bag on the head. You can also let mustard oil on through the whole night and wash it in the morning.
Sage• How to darken hair naturally with sage
In a pot of boiling water, add a cup of sage and let it simmer for a few hours. Strain when cooled and apply to the hair.
Leave on for 30-45 minutes and then wash the hair with shampoo. Repeat the process for 1-2 times a week.
Coffee• How to darken hair naturally with coffee
Coffee also colors the hair and makes it darker. The darker the hair you want, the more times you have to repeat the process. The best result is achieved from the light and medium shades of brown hair.
Make a strong coffee and let it cool. Wash your hair with shampoo and rinse it with coffee. Then wash your hair with shampoo again and apply the conditioner.
Carrot and beet juice• How to darken hair naturally with carrot and beet juice
If you like reddish brown tones, use a combination of 1/2 cup beet juice and 1/2 cup of carrot juice. This mix is a good alternative for a red canoe. Soak your moist hair with this juice and hold for 30 minutes.
If you want a more intense color, repeat the procedure. To maintain the color, it is required to apply the juice on your hair once a week.
Cocoa• How to darken hair naturally with cocoa
Mix cocoa with water to obtain a thick paste, rub it into your hair and let sit for 15 minutes. The longer the cocoa is on your hair, the hair will be darker. Wash your hair.
Another way is to add cocoa to your shampoo as you wash your hair.
Soy sauce and vinegar• How to darken hair naturally with soy sauce and vinegar
Mix soy sauce and vinegar in equal proportion and use them to rinse the hair after shampooing. Don’t worry about the smell, it will evaporate quickly.
Black walnut• How to darken hair naturally with black walnut
Black walnut is the best and quickest solution for natural hair darkening. You can use black walnuts in a shell (you must crack them open) or black walnut powder.
If you use walnuts in a shell:
- Very brown color: 1 cup for every walnut you use; you can try 7-8 walnuts and 7-8 cups od water
- Medium shade: 5 walnuts and 10 cups of water
- Light brown: 2-3 walnuts in 8-10 cups of water
- Very brown color: 3/4 cup of water for every tablespoon of walnut powder
- Medium shade: 5 tablespoons of walnut powder and 7,5 cups of water
- Light brown: 2-3 tablespoons of walnut powder and 3-4,5 cups of water
- Crack the walnuts and cook them in water for about half an hour.
- Allow the liquid to cool, then strain and use the liquid to rinse the hair after first shampooing.
- If you have a wide enough pot, you can dip your hair in it and hold it for 5-20 minutes, depending on the color you want to achieve.
- When you get a little darker shade than the one you want, wash your hair with shampoo and rinse with cool water.
Positive and negative sides to natural hair darkeningNatural solutions for hair darkening are great because they don’t damage the hair, on the contrary, your hair will be healthier and get a nice shine.
However, don’t expect results as of hair colors. If you want to darken your hair naturally, keep in mind that this is still a semi-permanent solution and that it often has to be repeated.
HOW TO NATURALLY LIGHTEN YOUR HAIR